Hipstercalypse Hipstercalypse

I found this game utterly charming. the graphics the grammar everything was perfect.
I am saved the world.

Smoking Zombies Smoking Zombies

simply addicting.. I want that new gun.. I want to upgrade my ammo..
and inspiring.. one day if I ever find the time I'd like to take my own shot at this genre.
so you have an inspired an old man! thank you.

Snow White. Back To Life Snow White. Back To Life

so great to look at.

what a dope Snow White reset!

I wasn't very good at the actual game, but that's because I'm a tired old man. I thought the God of War style cut scene combos with the boss were awesome, though I was miserable at pulling them off.

I do agree with mixtapepanda that an rpg element would make it rock a little bit harder. great work!

Little Cat Little Cat

huzzah for little cat

this is why one person creating a "game" can be so special. I don't know if you'd ever get this sort of emotional response out of a game with a million dollar budget and 100 people working on it.

with one person you can have that singular vision and it can feel special and like a HUMAN created it, instead of a room full of people by committee.

I dare say it's a piece of ART. this would be very very very worth expanding but it's beautiful as a little sketch too.

now if I only knew how to embed a dancing banana to express my joy.

:dancingbanana:

Damek responds:

Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it :)

Run The Gauntlet Run The Gauntlet

this.hitTest

I wanted to say two things.

1) I'm really impressed by the hit detection.

2) top hats make everything better.

Myth Wars Myth Wars

cannon fodder

at level 28 the gameplay became very difficult. maybe I was missing out on some sort of rock scissor paper component but it really felt like I was just sending my dark age guys to be blown apart by those damned cannons.

the carrot of upgrading your units did keep it fun at first. I would like to be able to dump all my points into one unit though, if desired.

anyway, I think I played it for quite a while because of the art direction. I really enjoyed it. it was like an old medieval manuscript come to life and I thought it was quite well done.

kudos on all the hard work, guys.

Monster Mowdown Monster Mowdown

it's not a monster HOEDOWN it's a monster MOWDOWN

I beat MONSTER MODOWN. the batteries to my mouse died on level 44 or 45 and if I had not just purchased the nerd with the chaingun I surely would have died while I scrambled around trying to find a working set. I mean, I wouldn't have died (of course), I mean my little team of guys in the game would have died.

the real satisfaction of MONSTER MODOWN comes from OBLITERATING a level after buying a new friend. I think all the people getting hung up about the playful names of your allies have obviously never been in a real MONSTER MODOWN. also I think you're missing the point that all these people from different backgrounds are COMING TOGETHER to do battle with the monster hordes TOGETHER in a SPIRIT OF FRIENDSHIP.

it's a positive message of hope and brotherhood that I feel some of you are missing. they are RAINBOW FRIENDS y'all. the only shame is that it took a HORDE of monsters to get them to band together.

on a technical note, I did find the bomb and health keys completely unresponsive at times, which very nearly killed me. AGAIN, when I say killed "me" I don't really mean "ME" like as a person, sitting here at this computer. I mean the little guy in the game. I want to clarify that.

back to the positive: I also appreciate how all the corpses remain on the field each stage. and the art direction in general is a treat. it'd be nice if there were a couple of bosses to break it up. the all eagles stage was a nice touch.

lastly, and yes I am finally done with my first ever review on newgrounds, I would have to say I was a bit disappointed that I could not TIKI DANCE around my friends to upgrade them, but that's just me.